Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet!

Happy Halloween! This Halloween has been pretty dang fun, despite the fact that we didn't dress up, go trick-or-treating or even carve a pumpkin! Ha that's ok, we got to see our nieces dressed up and watched some videos and saw pictures of our other niece and nephew for Halloween and that was enough to make our Halloween holiday a success! We did get to spend the weekend at Aunt Kathy and Uncle Bruce's house in Orem, which was such a blast! It is always fun to stay with them! Especially at Halloween. Uncle Bruce is a Halloween fanatic! His house looked awesome and kind of freaked Jared and I out when we first got there, although we'd never admit it. When we drove up at about 10:00 pm, there were at least 15 people on the sidewalk outside their house pointing and looking at everything. And no wonder! Bruce is a spooky genius!


It's hard to really see everything but it was pretty awesome! He had an intercom set up too so he could talk to people outside haha it was pretty dang sweet!

Saturday morning, Jared and I went to Kneaders for breakfast! It is one of our favorite places to eat! YUM! Jared got their unlimited french toast:


and I got an egg and bacon sandwich:
They were both sooooo delicious!! I'm so glad that we finally have a Kneaders at least in St. George! Orem is so long to drive, but now that Willow and Jay are up in Provo we'll probably be up there more.

Later Saturday we went to the park by Riverwoods and cheered Mom and Aunt Kathy on at the end of their race! They ran in the Halloween Half Marathon in Orem. Their costumes were super cute! I don't remember their individual times but they both made it under 2 and a half hours.


The sign on their backs says "Sisters Finish Together". Pretty awesome! It was nippy most of the day, I wore a jacket all day which is unusual. Winter is almost here! There were a lot of people in the race with some pretty crazy costumes! There was a guy dressed as Bender the robot from Futurama and his costume was made entirely of cardboard! He ran 13 miles dressed in cardboard! Haha amazing.

Mom and Kathy in front of the Halloween Hearse!




My Marmee and me! I'm so proud of her!



After the run was over, Jared and I walked with Willow and the girls to their car. One the way there, we found this beautiful tree/bush! It's like dandelions on steroids! The girls loved it and picked little bouquets to take home. So adorable!


Isn't it beautiful?! I don't know what it is, and it's probably a weed haha but I still love it and would grow bunches of it at my house.

Later Saturday we went shopping and I went to Hobby Lobby for the first time! It is the most amazing store ever! I got a couple sketchbooks, watercolor sketchbooks, some paintbrushes, a couple adorable boxes to hold my art supplies, a Christmas stocking for each of us and Abby, and an old school metal airplane that I've always wanted haha it was really fun :)

Then we went and spent some time at the Young's and played with the kids and chatted with Willow and Jay. It was really nice! I really miss them! Those girls are such smart and creative kids I am just amazed every time I see them how much they change and grow and improve. I love them all so much!

Sunday we went to church with Willow and Jay. It was the Primary Program and the girls were amazing! They remembered their parts and joined in the singing and were just wonderful! It was so much fun to watch them. Jared and I were just beaming with pride for our little nieces and are getting more and more excited for having little ones of our own some day (not super soon yet but ya know,decently soon :D) After church we went back to Kathy's and helped with dinner and hung out.

Grandma, Uncle Don and Aunt Joan and Aunt Nan all came over for dinner too so we had a big family dinner. It was so nice of Kathy and Bruce to have everyone over! And the food was excellent, as always. We got to play with the girls some more after dinner and gave them a little Halloween gift!


Haha I thought it was too adorable to pass up! It's a Mr. Potato head for your pumpkin, I thought it might be a nice no-mess pumpkin decoration for Halloween :) I think they liked it! They went crazy unwrapping it haha then Jay went crazy stabbing holes in it with a chopstick! It was such a fun night!

Overall it was a spectacular weekend! We were really sad we had to go and are looking forward to heading back soon! It's always wonderful visiting family and since we have an amazing family it makes it that much better. Thank you everyone for such a great weekend! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment