Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Introductions- Always say Hello, not Hi, it's more inviting!

Hello! And welcome to my newest and hopefully longest lasting blog! I have realized over the last couple months that for a Creative Writing major, I have not written hardly anything since May. I was devastated once I realized it and upon telling Jared that I thought I ought to start writing again he said, "That'll be good, maybe you'll be less stressed out then." Well ain't that the truth! And as fate would have it, I am taking a stress management course in which we have to choose one positive behavior that will help us reduce our stress. Voila! Journaling was chosen but since I want to add photos to, to give my camera some practice outside of class, I figured a blog would be the best medium of choice. 

I want this blog to be full of positive and uplifting events, ideas and comments. There will be sad moments, as there are in life, but that can't be helped and we will just laugh our way through them! It may take me a few tries at blogging to really get the hang of it so I apologize in advance to anyone who may stumble upon this rough work of art :)

Let me just update a little, at least on the current goings-on. At the moment, Jared and I are finishing up our final year of college- Wahoo! He is getting his BS in Integrated Engineering with a Minor in Outdoor Recreation, Parks and Tourism and I am getting my BA in English: Creative Writing with a Minor is Photography. They may sound like strange combinations, but trust me, we've got big plans for the future! We are currently pretty busy with work, school, and visiting Jared's dad in the hospital. A week ago he fell off a ladder and broke his back and shattered both of his heels. It was horrific. He had surgery on his first heel yesterday and his second today and hopefully, if all goes well, no surgery will have to be done on his back. If any of you knew, I broke my back in a similar fashion although I did have to have surgery, about 5 years ago. Seeing him go through all of this is an intense flashback that never seems to leave my head. We pray for him throughout the day and he continues to get better so we just keep praying! (See, that was the serious part, but it's over now, you can breathe easy again) So without much time for playing, and winter right around the corner, I have decided to do more writing because it is portable and all in my head anyway! 

I've always been wary of blogs, sharing information about yourself and your life to complete strangers? It seems way too New Age for my old soul but I am going to try it and hopefully will not feel too exposed. Who knows, maybe some day I'll just start sharing secrets right and left? One thing I have learned in life- the future will astound you. I do things now I never dreamed of doing, and my dreams of yesterday seem not worth doing today. It's funny how things turn around. 

Since I only had this idea at the end of the day, I will end with one of my favorite pictures I have taken for my photography class this semester.

I took this in Kanarraville, UT. I was shooting some horses grazing and this one walked right up to me and just stared at me like, "what? You gonna pay me for modeling for you?" So I pulled some grass that was out of his reach and paid him. Hey, fair is fair. My favorite part of the photo is probably his white eyelashes. So cool.
Well thanks for reading! Hopefully there will be more soon and I will have more interesting things to say! Bonne Nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment