Saturday, March 3, 2012

Half of a Chicken- Literally

So I'll get to my title in a minute, but I first I want to tell you about our new hobby. We went to  Joann's yesterday looking for buttons for Jared's survival bracelets, and I swiftly perused the scrapbooking section and only bought 4 things out of the $1 bin! Anyways, we're in the checkout line, chatting about all the cool, creative things in the store, when we looked at each other- "crocheting?" "definitely." So we got out of line and found all the stuff for beginner crocheters!!

Our new hobby materials!
 We're so excited! Jared is already a lot better than I am but it'll still be a fun hobby to learn together! Jared has those craftsman hands and mine are soooo clumsy! Mine are made more for wielding a pen than threading yarn through my fingers. But I'm determined to succeed! I'll probably make a beanie first but I really want to make a pair of gloves with the fold-back mitten part. It's always fun to learn something new!

We couldn't figure out what we wanted for dinner tonight, so we ended up going to Winger's! They had a deal going on- 2 entrees and endless salad for $18 so we decided to do that. We each ate like 3 bowls of salad, which tasted soooo good! Then our entrees came... Jared ordered their fish tacos (which were huge!) and I ordered.... half a chicken. That's right. The waiter was surprised too haha! I figured if I'm paying that much, I'm going to get as much food as possible to take home. And wow was I rewarded. Does anyone seriously eat this much in one sitting??

I should have gotten myself in the picture- the plate is about as long as my forearm. I don't know, it just seemed like a ton of food! It was good though! I think the thing I enjoyed most really was being to say that I ordered half a chicken for dinner. I didn't realize it was going to look like half a chicken though! I hate eating meat off the bone so it was a little unnerving, but I did eat some of it at the restaurant. I'll have to cringe through pulling it all off tomorrow so I can eat it while I'm not looking at an animal's bone. Just freaks me out :)

So, that was our eventful day haha nothing too crazy but I did love seeing my neighbors face when we came home and I told her I had half a chicken for dinner! It just sounds bizarre... like I'm a medieval king gnawing on a turkey leg or something. Well, hope you all had a wonderful evening! Hopefully tomorrow will hold all sorts of exciting adventures! Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment