Monday, March 19, 2012

3 Glorious Years!

Jared and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary!! It's so crazy! I can't believe it's been 3 years! Luckily it's spring break this week so we got to have lots of time to ourselves! For the day, we went to the Las Vegas Temple (more and more gorgeous every time we go), then went shopping! It was alot of fun and we got some pretty cool things! I'll do some outfit posts later :) Let's just say I got a mint blouse and a yellow striped cardigan that I loooove!

We stayed at my parents that night then headed out to Whitney Pockets the next day. Whitney Pockets is outside of Mesquite towards Lake Mead. It's usually pretty crowded with groups of people on four-wheelers but luckily my Dad gave us directions to a secret camp that got us away from all the people! It was fantastic!


view from our tent- without the rain fly, it's practically all mesh! So nice!
Such a sweet little camping spot! It was shady most of the day so we could nap and not sweat :)
Climbing up above the water tank/dam thing, we wanted to make it to the top of the mountain but needed ropes :/
Up close of a barrel cactus. Love the colors!
I just love us :D
We found an awesome arch so of course we had to climb up to it!

I was sooo terrified standing on it but it was worth it!

At camp!
 It was such a lovely camping spot (thanks Dad for the directions to the 'secret' spot!) and the weather was amazing! We got to hike a lot, eat yummy dutch oven, and build a shade for our cooler with our jean blanket! Haha it was so great to get away from work and school and just be together for a few days.

Also, that place is right under a route for planes headed to Las Vegas so we laid there at night and watched all the lights go by. We tried to block them out and only look at the stars but we ended up just making up stories of aliens instead. It was so gorgeous though and made me want to move out to the middle of nowhere where I can see stars every day!

It was the best anniversary and such a good reminder that we have to take some time to just be together so that we can grow and have fun together. I'm so excited for more camping to come this summer!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 3 year anniversary!! Looks like it was a great time camping. Hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog :) great blog!

    ReplyDelete